Monday, March 19, 2012

P.S.

There are beautiful sunsets in Arizona.
This one was taken from the view of my airplane window the night I flew in.
...I lost it at the airport you know
well maybe you don't know,
but I did.
I hate going through security.
I almost always get selected for the full body pat down.
It's like I have a sticker on my forehead saying, 
"Choose me, choose me!"
...and when I flew to Phoenix it was no different.
They chose me.

I cried my way through the entire pat-down
I cried as I made my complaint to TSA,
I cried as I walked to my gate,
I cried as I called my mom to tell her about my anxiety,
I cried as I sat down between two large men on my Southwest (no reserve seating) flight.
I thought about how my makeup was probably dripping down my face and how foolish I felt.
But...
I was reminded
that even though sometimes I think I'm going to die,

PTSD hasn't killed me yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment