Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Moments You Wish for but can't plan

Taking a road-trip on a whim,
and driving with the windows down listening to Boston.

Blowing Dandelion Seeds

Bear swinging on the exact same tire swing, that I swung on as a kid.

capturing the light

and the tongue of a cute little Bug!

or the way a child looks at the bottom of a slide.

or the kitty they found at the park.
(every other mother there yelled at their kids 'Don't touch the CAT!')
...but we did
...and they loved it.
I'm pretty sure the cat did too since he was purring the whole time!

Watching my little bear Sleep warm and safe.

Eating home-made ice cream straight from the hand cranked ice cream maker that probably came across the plains with the Mormon Pioneers
(don't know for a fact, but would probably put money on it if I were a bettin' gal)


It's a tradition at family gatherings.
Grandma-Great always fills it extra full so that after the air is whipped in,
every one grabs a spoon and takes a taste (or 3 or 4) before the men finish whipping again.

A wonderful couple
aka my brother and his beautiful wife.

Mid flip

Bear just Chillin' out at the park.

Then climbing.

and snugging, while Bug plays in the dirt by the tree.

aww....
This is one of the reasons I love to be a mom.

....and don't forget visiting Grandma at the Congressman's Office.
Grandma's always have treats :)

Sharing 1 shake between the 4 of us.

Picking Elderberries.

sour, but fun.

carefully picking them off one by one.


and enjoying the spoils

Sitting on the same steps with my kids where I played
"No Bears are out Tonight"

Feeding the horses.


and flying back to Grandma's house using our magic wings!
aka huge leafs.

We have been having a fun time.

With Grandma....Every thing is an Adventure.


And lovin' every minute of it.
These are the moments you can't plan.  Just wait and let them come.
it's been fun

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! With each photo more, I miss it more. I miss the steps and the playground by the house and grandma and grandpa and the ice cream and sharing Arctic Circle shakes.... I wish I were there with you

    ReplyDelete