Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The House

A year ago the house I was renting flooded. 
I was already maxed out with life, school, motherhood, etc.
Living in a hotel with one bag for a month was definitely not on the agenda.
Loraine Kern from the East Valley Vet center told me about Habitat for Humanity.
I thought that Habitat was an organization that built and gave homes to needy families.

My assumptions were wrong.

Habitat is an amazing Christian based organization that likes to give
"a hand up, not a hand out"

They give lower income families the opportunity of purchasing a house from Habitat.

It seems like a win win situation all around.
Habitat partners with different organizations and businesses.
The businesses donate time and resources that can be used as a tax benefit.

Individuals and groups can come to the site and build houses and use it as a team building activity.

And me....

I get to purchase a home from habitat.

I have had so much fun over the last year getting to know other volunteers.


The build starts with a prayer and ends with happy hearts who have worked together to bring good to the community.

Habitat for Humanity is truly an amazing organization.
If you'd like to join us on a Wednesday or Saturday let me know.
(my little bear is rockin' his construction outfit, complete with belly shirt)
The boys are at home swinging a hammer.
Welcome Home.

Qualifications for home ownership
please click on the links if you have any further interest

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that rocks! It's so cool to hear how it all worked out. I remember the stress and frustration you were feeling when the flooding and hotel happened!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that you are beautiful? What colors will you decorate inside?

    ReplyDelete