Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Challenge Aspen Day 1

So....
after a very long day of flying, I finally made it to Aspen Colorado.
The drive from Utah to Colorado isn't too long, but NO, I had to take the LONG way to get there. 
(by way of Georgia)
So the kids and I woke up at the crack of dawn and flew to Denver,
from Denver we flew to Atlanta where I dropped off the cuties with their Father.
After some long lines, and a very invasive pat-down in Atlanta, I waited to catch another flight to Denver,
And then from Denver to Aspen.
It was a late night, and I was exhausted.


Day 1 consisted of a morning at 
The water was warm, I swam a few laps, went down the water slide, but my goal for the day was
a back flip. 

Now I have been terrified of the back flip for most of my life,
My dad got me to try it about fifteen years ago and I over rotated and landed on my back.
(not fun)

So my goal for the day was to have a successful back flip.

.....and I did.
Marvelous! I have checked something else off of my list.

Afterwards, my roomie and I decided to treat ourselves to a massage at the 

It was beautiful and serene.

I enjoyed a cup of jasmine tea while relaxing in a comfy chaise lounge while I waited for my massage.  

The room was beautiful and the massage was quite relaxing.
I came back to the hotel and napped until dinner.


Oh what fun to have a much needed vacation.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you did a backflip! That sounds like an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is you in the back flip picture? The scenery looks so green and serene. I am a bit jealous.

    ReplyDelete