Thursday, January 26, 2012

No One Can Measure the Strength of Your Heart!

I feel blessed tonight.  I was reminded today of my inner strength.  Sometimes with PTSD I have felt shattered, worthless, and incomplete.  I have struggled with many things, but today a friend reminded me of the hard things that I have overcome. 
The pressure of not feeling good enough has broken my spirit, at times.
And other times has given me the motivation and the strength to move forward.
I may not be the smartest, the brightest, or the best test taker, but I have passion.  That passion runs deep, and that passion comes from oppression.  Who would have thought that some of my most awful memories could be the motivators to the things that I am most passionate about.
I experienced opposition when I wanted to get my Associates degree in one year.  The people who told me I couldn't do it only fuled my fire to prove them wrong. 
When I joined the army and went away I experienced the oppression that came from giving up my rights inorder for others to have theirs.  The military tries to force people to conform, but I was grounded in my moral convictions and stayed that way.

I was in an extremely controlling and abusive marriage, where I was told that I wasn't good enough and that I would never be strong enough to have a baby naturally, and I left.  I was pregnant, had a one year old baby, some clothes, no money, and I left!

(pregnant with my second son after leaving an abusive marriage)

(Shortly after I delivered a 9lb 6oz baby naturally)


Many things have happened since, I have had different challenges, and differenty types of healing....and now I am on my way to creating and fulfilling new dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment