Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What Changed?

After I moved to Utah I was a wreck.  I was depressed, sad, and I felt hopeless.  I had created some dreams and I was so shocked when they didn't work out.  I felt hollow and without a purpose.  The fire of passion was missing from my life.  I didn't know what to do, and just went through the motions.  I wondered what to do with my life, and I kept coming up with nothing.  I remembered some things that I had done in the past that had brought me happiness.  So I bought a gym membership.  I knew that working out had made me feel better in the past.  I started taking vitamins that had helped.  I read books to my kids.  I tried to cook.  I contemplated taking depression medication and various other things, but nothing I did seemed to work.   I was missing something so vital, so important.

A dream.

And that's what changed.

Having a dream.

Dreams are so important, and I had stopped dreaming. 

I was visiting some wonderful friends about a month ago when they gave me something to dream about.  They told me about the HGTV Dream Home give away and how this year it's a home near Park City.  I knew that I probably didn't have a chance at winning, but I decided to check it out when I got back home. 

And boy it was amazing.
(click on the picture if you want to enter too)


And more importantly, it gave me something to dream about.  It's close.  It's in the mountains surrounded by beautiful scenery.  I started to imagine what it would be like to live there. 

And that was the beginning of the change.

A Dream.

1 comment:

  1. I listened to a very great talk the other day. I think you'll like it too. It's by Elder Christopherson - a CES fireside, so it is about 40 minutes long.
    http://www.lds.org/study/other-addresses/ces-devotionals/2011-01-give-us-this-day-our-daily-bread?lang=eng

    ReplyDelete