Monday, June 7, 2010

How do they do it?

I am totally amazed by these people who can write a blog post EVERY day.
It feels like forever since I've written anything.
Updates:
The kids father is moving back to GA in 6 weeks
I might be able to move closer to my family :)
Little Bear has pink eye (probably from the pool) Yuck!
I found a really great site for service dogs that help with PTSD
I have gone to the singles ward a couple times
Got a personalized license plate to raise awareness of PTSD
That's about all I can think of for now.
Oh, wait....
So this morning I didn't want to take Bear to the Dr's office for pink eye.
So I googled natural home remedies for pink eye.
I found THIS
I figured I would try a couple things out.
I didn't have any fennel seeds, chamomile flowers, turmeric, or boric acid.
but I did find a few items.
I went out side and broke off a small piece of an aloe plant.
Have you ever smelled that stuff?
It's like bitter B.O. and there was no way I was using that on my kid, so I tossed it in the trash.
I decided to go for the potato method, honey, and baking soda.
So I washed little Bear's eyes with the baking soda and water solution,
Then I applied potato slices to his eyes, (we did not wait the suggested 20 minutes)
and then for the honey.
I gooped up my finger with some of deseret's finest cannery honey
and ran my finger across his left eye followed by the right.
Bad idea...
"Ah!!!! Mom I have Fire eyes!!!"
uh oh
Fire eyes is not a good thing.
So we blinked and wiped the goo away.
Later in the morning I decided to wipe some honey in my eyes so I knew what it felt like.
Bear was right. It totally gave me "Fire Eyes", but went away quickly with a little blinking.
needless to say...we made it to the doctor this afternoon. Enough home remedies for today.

I hope to write more soon, but by the end of the day...
I feel like this.

3 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful! Honestly I can't figure out how to take my own picture with my camera and when I see your pictures I wonder what I am doing wrong because yours turn out so good!

    I was going through the baby clothes this week and found the onesie that you gave me that says "Don't wake me, I'll wake you". It is still too big for my little girl, but she'll be wearing it in a few months!

    I know several bloggers who post two times a day. I don't know that I want to spend that much time on my blog. Besides it isn't anything personal, they just throw out things that they see on other blogs that they like. Journaling every day would be tough. I have blogged more this past month than I thought I would, though. Be happy with the posts that you make and don't worry about how often you do it. Post only when you feel like you want to post something, it keeps the post more real and memorable!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee says that "Home Remedies" and "Pink Eye" should NEVER be mingled. Pink eye is when you conjuntiva gets pink, but that can be caused by a whole host of things and so any home remedy has the chance of making it much worse than it would be if left alone. Give him a call next time the kids have eye issues!
    I loved the story though, I hope the fire eyes feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ya Sis, Thanks for the advice. I forgot we have an optometrist in the family now.

    ReplyDelete