Monday, March 25, 2013

More than the Sun. Farther than the Moon, and Beyond the Stars

Six months ago I wrote a letter to myself.  Last week I saw it peeking through the mail slot in my front door.
It read:
"Dear Kimberly,
I am writing this letter to remind you of who you are and who I know you can become.  This time of year is usually hard for you and I want you to remember that it is OK to Grieve the losses that you have experienced.  You are OK and you will be OK.  
You are a strong woman and you are loved.  You are a wonderful Mother and your children are lucky to have you.  Remember that Mothers Day saying that Bishop Goff gave you.  "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
You are lovable and you are likable.  Sometimes you get down on yourself.  Stand up and reclaim that power that is inside of you.  Bad things happen to good people, but Good things also happen to good people.  And good things will happen for you.  Don't give up.  There is hope and happiness ahead.  Some blessings come early, some come late, and some don't come till Heaven.  Remember what Elder Holland said.
A word of caution.  You tend to use humor and sarcasm as a deflection.  Sometimes you use it to avoid feeling the gravity and the heaviness of your life's experiences.  It's OK to say no and not share.  Speak your truth, whatever that is in the moment.  
It is scary to be vulnerable and to cry.  Sometimes you see it as a sign of weakness, but truly it is one of your greatest strengths.  
You have a good Heart.  You have a pure heart.  You are kind, courageous and compassionate.
I hope all of the best for you in your life.  I want so badly for your dreams to come true.  I want you to find that system of support that you are so desperately searching for.
Remember Hope, Faith, and Love.  Kindness to others and charity.  These are gifts that you possess.
Be patient with your family.  One day they might actually get it.
I hope that you have a beautiful house.  I want you to have all of the things you need and also the things you want.
Build unity with your children.  Try to connect with them each day.  Love them, play with them.  Parent without shame or guilt.  For yourself and your children.  
Have fun.  Read. Love. And remember to laugh, deep full belly aching laughs.  
You are special.  You make a difference.  You are wonderful and amazing.  
I love you more than the sun, farther than the moon and beyond the stars.

Love Always,
Me"

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful note! What kind words to hear!
    love ya

    ReplyDelete