Saturday, February 20, 2010

Passions

I remember having a conversation with my mother one day.
This was back in the day.....before I knew that I was human and prone to weakness.
I was invisible!
err...
or maybe
Invincible!
And I really believed I was.
I went to war,
I didn't die.
I thought I had endured hard things.
I thought I knew it all.
I told her that it didn't matter what I do with my life because
I knew I would be good at whatever I put my mind to.
I am an extremely passionate person!
I like to put my heart and soul into things.
When I come to an opinion that is research and experience based....
There isn't much that can change my mind.
Like for instance....
Natural (unmediated childbirth)
Breastfeeding
Mothering
Riding my bike for 500 miles
Joining the army
Music
Art
Love
Friendship
School/Education
Childhood
Soft Sheets to sleep in.
I'm a pretty passionate person.
I think sometimes I come off as a little intense and overbearing.
It's just because.
I know what I like,
I know what I want
And I want it right Now!
Now it's time to work on patience.
Sigh!
Deep Breath
Maybe that's one reason I became a Mother.
I think that maybe I needed a little dose of
"you're not so perfect, and you aren't always right, and can't always be right"
I thought I was pretty confident,
But this motherhood thing is pretty hard.
I just want to do it right.
So, today....
I decided to blow off my homework that was due,
(even though I know I'll get my first B since going back to school)
And I took the kids to the park.
Bug and Bear rode over 2 miles on their bikes today!
Yay!
Maybe I still need work on patience,
But today I chose to prioritize!
I had a fantastic afternoon playing with the kids,
And I'm OK with getting a B!
Wow....
At least I'm making progress in some areas!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your passion. My births were better because of your enthusiasm. Thank you for your love.

    ReplyDelete