Tuesday, February 23, 2010

TV.....Who Needs it???

There is about a million other things I would rather do than watch TV

Like blow bubbles with bubble gum.

And Snug my BUG!

And kiss his cheeks that aren't as soft as they used to be.
He's starting to do the "Maaaahm..."
Like he's getting to big for my kisses.
Also saying.
"....That's B'Skusting"

But there are a few times a decade when I miss the boobtube.
I miss the Olympics.
The Olympics were a treasured time during my childhood.
Gymnastics during the summer
and
Ice Skating in the Winter
These are the times during the last ten years that I have missed having TV.
oh....and the "improve your house shows"
I miss those too,
But there are too many commercials.
I just want to see the beginning, and then see the finished Product.
Now don't get me wrong...
We have a Television Set,
We just don't have any channels.
I have a few dvd's collected over the years.
Most are Bernstein Bears and Franklin the Turtle.
A nice lady in our neighborhood donated a few old VHS video's
And.....
When I was in the Hospital in CA this summer the library was giving away all of their VHS,
So.....
I snagged a sack full for the kids.
All in all...
I'm not such a fan of the TV.
There are so many things I'd rather do.
(or maybe I just keep too much on my list)
Like take my kids to the Zoo
(Bear and Bug loved the Lions and Tigers)
And riding bikes....
(They are both getting SO good on the bikes)

And walking across a rope bridge and feeling it sway with Bear


Or watching an Elephant play as Bug snapped shots with the camera.


Or spend time with friends who value some of the same passions!
(Like Home birth, Breastfeeding, Baby wearing, Composting, Eating good food, Canning Jalapenos Making homemade jam and loads of other things)
And letting Bear play with the camera....
He actually got a couple of cute shots.

And taking an adorable baby for a ride on my back.
(I miss it when they are little and snugly)

And playing with my boys before bed time.

Isn't there so much more fun you could have if you didn't watch TV too?

No comments:

Post a Comment