Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Road Trip (Do Not Feed the Animals)

Who knew that there could be an African Safari in Texas?

Grandma and Grandpa took all of us to see

The lady at the front ticket booth clearly told us to drop the food by the side of the car and not to feed the animals from our hands.

Did the kids forget?

Of course.













It's fun to be with family.

After the war and after my first divorce...my relationship with my family was rocky.
(to say the least)
They didn't understand PTSD and neither did I.
I was angry and hurt.
They didn't know how to help.  
The harder they tried the worse it got.
It was awful.
I thought it would never get better.
But these pictures are living proof that it did.

Maybe I'll write more about that at a later time because relationships and support are so vital in healing from PTSD.


No comments:

Post a Comment