Friday, May 18, 2012

Road Trip (leaving Arizona)

Deciding to come on a road trip was a difficult decision.
I worried about having a freak-out moment and being so far away from home.
I hemmed and I hawed about it and finally convinced myself that I could do it.
I packed some medication that helps me calm down in the event of an anxiety attack.
I ran through some scenarios about what I could do, who I could call etc.

And there you have it.
I drove, and drove, and drove some more.

There so many things that I love about Arizona.
I love the sunshine, the roads, the people, and the familiarity.

I visited my old psychiatrist Dr. Leicken
(amazing doctor I highly recommend him)
I saw Loraine.
I hung out with a couple army veterans and talked about how far we have come in the last 5 years.
I visited with family.
I enjoyed people and places that I love and miss.

...but there are things that are hard in Arizona.
The memories and the triggers are hard.

In the end....
Things don't always happen the way I plan them out in my mind.

I forgot to pack my emergency anxiety medication so I was runing on over-load.
I was staying up late reminicing about some of the good...I mean bad ole' days,
I wasn't sleeping well and was completely over-stimulated.

I broke down in tears.
Tears of anger.
Tears of sorrow.
Tears of leave me a lone.
All I wanted to do was get in the car and leave.

but I didn't
not then anyway

I sent the kids to the zoo with their cousins.
I called my my mom and cried.
I tood a nap.
And I made up my mind to leave when the kids got back.

I booked a hotel somewhere in New Mexico and left.
And it was good. 
Because we jumped on the bed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment