Monday, November 2, 2009

Dancing in the Kitchen

During the time after my kids go to sleep turns into
my
STRESS RELIEF
I can be Goofy
Crazy,
Zany
and whatever else I choose.
and some nights I choose simply to fall asleep in total exhaustion.
And would you believe part of my regimen includes dancing with the mop?
Well yep, it does!!!
I crank the music up loud,
Start acting a fool,
and take out some of my feelings on the dirty floor.

I bet you didn't know that I'm a singer too?
That's right!
I dance with the mop, and sometimes even pretend it's my microphone.

I blast music from my speakers as loud as it can go and sing along to angry girl songs.
Songs like Kellie Pickler's Best day's of your life
My Favorite part is when they say, "cuz' I've been told that a cheater is always a cheater! I've got my Pride, She's got you!"
It's one of those moments when you stick your tongue out and say, "SO THERE!"
Not that it actually does anything but to bring relief to the person saying it, because the offending party could care less about their actions.
(I know it's not a very kind thing to think, but it does bring me some small amount of satisfaction)

Notice the window open behind me. I thought we should Close it because it was late and we have neighbors, but Loo informed me that if we have to smell their cigar smoke, then they should have to endure my angry-girl-song-singing.

It's a Shame I don't have an actual audience....
Oh Oh!
I feel a story coming on.
So about a year ago, I read a book by debbie macomber called twenty wishes (I think)
You do know I do have some memory difficulties at times.
So there I was reading a book about how these women made a list of 20 wishes that they wanted to accomplish. I decided it was a pretty good idea and started one of my own. I decided that I want to go surfing before I'm 30. I also want to ride a horse at full gallop and not fall off. (terrifying)
I also added sing in front of a large audience.
My wish was granted a few months later when I was in the psych ward at the hospital. I know! I know! Of all places who would think that my wish would be realized in a place like the mental hospital?
So the patients had optional evening activities, and I happened to be there on a night where karaoke was going to be the highlight event for the evening. Surrounded by old military men with mental illnesses I took the stage, which was actually the same tile floor that lined the rest of the hospital. I sang my heart out....and giggled through parts of the song. (something by savage garden) and laughed at the irony of my dream :) I sang several duets with a few of the nurses, but I wasn't familiar with all of the songs. Most of them were from a different generation.
A dream that will never be forgotten I assure you. It is too funny to forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment