Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wrapping Paper

When I was in Kindergarten, our school fundraiser was to sell wrapping paper.
This was back in the day that you went door to door.
I remember going to the home of Linda Wilkinson,
She was a close friend of my mothers
There, I gave here my sales pitch, and I even think she bought some paper.
After that, I remember the adults laughing about what a good salesperson I was.
I wonder if they just said it because I was young and cute, or because I really did a good show as a wrapping-paper sales girl.
They had me convinced to this day that I could sell anything to anyone :)
Maybe it's just someone believing in you to boost your confidence and performance.
So last month when the little boy across the street came with his school fundraising catalog,
I decided to skip past the chocolates,
Candles,
Cookies,
and went straight for the
Wrapping Paper.
The wrapping paper motivated me to wrap some of my already purchased Christmas gifts.
(The ones up there are for you mom!)
My parents are coming to celebrate Thanksgiving with us, so I want to be ready to send all of my siblings gifts back with them.
I love Christmas shopping.
I think I always have.
I love to give awesome, thoughtful gifts.
This year they will be inexpensive because of life's circumstances,
but they are well thought out and planned.
(sometimes a year in advance)
I love to try to find a gift that I know someone will appreciate and love.
We shall see how this year goes.
(I'll let you know in a couple of months)
If truth be told,
I absolutely LOVE expensive, crisp, wrapping paper.
(I usually purchase the cheapie kind from the dollar store)
You know,
the stuff that's on sale 50% off after the holidays.
The stuff that rips better than it stays.
Yeah,
That's the stuff I usually wrap with.
But not this year.
This year my family will be getting a little role of the best.
Not because It's crisp paper,
but because it comes wrapped with extra love,
and it helped a neighbor boy get one step closer to the prize for selling the most.
I wonder if he made his goal....
Perhaps I will ask next time I see him



No comments:

Post a Comment