Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Five P's

In the army there is a acronym known as the five P's.
Prior
Planning
Prevents
Poor
Performance!
So.....To get ready for the trip to California, I spent the day with details.
I tend to get anxious and stressed out with packing. Especially Last Minute Packing.
So the goal for today was to make sure that the kid's bags were packed. This involved making sure that ALL the laundry in the home was done.
I have a system of laying out everything that the kids may possibly need.
Long-Sleeve's (Check)
Short-Sleeve's (Check)
Pants, Unders, Shorts, Socks, Shoes, Church Clothes, PJ's, Towel, Bathing Suit (Check)
What have I forgotten?
Hopefully nothing.
Bug thought it would be a good idea to come jump on the bed and land directly in the pile of neatly arranged clothes.
I like things Dress-Right-Dress, and very laid out so that I can visualize everything I'm packing.
Call me OCD, or maybe it's just a carry over from all of the Pre-Combat inspections (PCI's) that I did when I was in the Army.
Aunta Loo Loo's was kind enough to chauffeur the kids and I around to the library and the grocery store. I don't want to forget to turn in the library books and end up with a late fee while we are gone.
I know, I know,
I can renew the books online if all else fails,
but.....
I think that my mind will be preoccupied with how my bootie is handling the saddle, and how much my muscles are going to be burning.

The kids had better get comfy in those seats, It's a long drive from here to California.
I wonder how my parents made it every summer when we were little.

Perhaps there will be more Planning and Preparation on the agenda for tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. My uncle has a 5 P's mantra that he would recite to us all of the time when I lived with him.
    It is :
    Past
    Performance
    Predicts
    Present
    Privileges

    Have a great bike trip!

    ReplyDelete