Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Marbles and Memories

Off to Play Land (aka the bedroom) they go....
To discover Engineering
This morning was a little bit of a hard morning.

Little boys can be destructive.
But I decided to make destructive constructive.

And decided to share with my children one of the things that I enjoyed from my childhood.
And that is...
My dad was the MASTER of the Marble Shoot
He could do anything, and he was always so patient with us.
Some of my earliest memories are of my dad building marble shoots out of blocks.
This morning we built a cool marble shoot.

The cool thing is that I got these toys for free.
One man's trash is another man's treasure.
So here in AZ they have bulk trash pick up once a month.
You can leave practically anything outside your door and they come and scoop it up with a tractor and take it to the local dump.
I took the kids for a ride in the wagon one cool(ish) morning and found these
just sitting outside of someones house with their bulk trash
Ha Ha!!!!
What a find
And it was Free
And....I also found two swings. Just the rubber part, but still...
Now my kids can swing off the back patio....
for the price of chains :)
Back to the marble shoot...
So what is this piece anyway?
Weird.
Peek-a-b00
and Bug too

Hi Grandpa
Totally awesome.
There are like five places you can drop the marbles

Oh yeah, and there's me
CHEESE

I love it when they play well together...

No comments:

Post a Comment