Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Starting Over

A new chapter in my life has begun.
I have the luxury of starting over.
Over the last little while I have been feeling so sad about starting over.
I have been mourning the loss of my dreams, my goals, my ambitions.
The things that I had been working to achieve over the last three years.

But guess what?
I may be starting over,
but I'm not starting from scratch

I have more coping skills,
I have more life experience,

I can create for myself new dreams and goals.

Yesterday I started thinking about things in the past that have brought me Joy and Happiness.
(regular sleep, listening to audio books, nourishing my spiritual side,exercise, sewing, being creative, eating healthy, reading books to my kids, painting pictures, going to therapy, connecting with other veterans, serving others, writing, making friends and smiling for real.

I will rediscover my passions,
and I will find Joy.


...it has happened before, it can happen again!

1 comment: