Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Back on the Bike

Even though some people may think that I am mechanically inclined.....let me assure you that I am not. I may have driven all sorts of cool military vehicals, and I know the difference between a phillips head and a flat head, but after that things are in inches and millimeters, and then I just begin to wonder why America just HAS to be different from the rest of the world. I can't even remember the conversions of how many cups is in a whatever....(fractions in math were not one of my stronger topics)

So......Now the application of mechanics.....I had to reassemble my bike :( Don't worry, it only took me two days and all I had to put on were the wheels, pedals and handle bars. Kids got in the way a bit with me saying "be careful bear, or it will chop the tip of your finger off." I don't know why I really care if they do quote-un-quote "dangerous things." Because I really enjoyed flipping my bike upside down and spinning the pedals as fast as I could. I even played some make believe game about spinning straw into gold. (probably had to do with the Rumpelstiltskin phase) I would prop my bike upside down and crank those pedals as I ran a raw potato against my rear tire. I thought it was a perfect way to peal a potato. Nothing like tire grime spinning on the tread of my tire against the skin of one of Mom's Potatoes.

Creative?

I thought so.

Well anyway.....I reassembled my bike, and learned that the wrench in my tool box with the 9/16 printed on it does not match the size of the piece on the bike pedal with the same 9/16 on it. The wrench was much to small. Luckily I found one of these.



Genious????.....oh whoops....can I spell genius

I know, I know....hold your applause!

And Viola! My bike was complete.

I took it for a test run today and had a great time. I miss riding with other people. The time seems to go by so much faster when you are with someone. Maybe I will find some cool people around here to ride with. (I'll keep you posted)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kimberly! Glad I finally got your blog onto my google reader. Hope you're doing good! I loved reading about your bike ride. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete