Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 7

The final day began with a beautiful breakfast at the Marriott Hotel in Ventura Beach
On your mark....

Get Set....
GO!!!
Can you believe I was part of something this awesome?
Professional riders,
Celebrities,
Wounded Warriors,
Veterans,
and
Supporters.
It was miraculous.
I was amazed at all of the support dedication and love.
It's an amazing thing to be a part of.
Thanks for the opportunity, I hope to be able to participate again.
At the time the water looked cold but inviting.
One of my goals is to go surfing before I turn 30!
It almost happened in San Diego the day that I came home.
But....Loo and I were anxious to come back.
Maybe next year when the water is a more comfortable temperature.
Some people from an arthritis foundation were also doing a long ride.
Isn't the tandem a totally romantic way to go.
One friend who was very special to me rode her bike with her husband to the court house to be married in their matching white jersey's.
Completely creative, and lots of fun memories :)
Miss ya Sam.
I made it to the rest stop.
The man behind me and to my left is known as Doc.
It is an honored title and one that does not come easily.
He is even thinking of changing his legal name.
Amazing!
A man who is missing a leg, being pushed by a buddy, being pushed by a man with no hand.
Motivational?
Absolutely
Where else can you find such camaraderie?
I chilled out a little way's back rockin' the socks.
They also served as my motivation.
(Can you tell I like to be a bit different?)
Unique.
Individual.
Both words that I enjoy.
Ooooo La La
Me in action!
And again.
The group stopped about 5 miles away from our final destination.
The goal was to have everyone ride in together.
So I ate a powerbar, cheesed it up for the camera with Kristen,
And pet the dog Wendy
who is in training to be a service dog for someone with PTSD.
The dogs receive some of their training at the VA hospital in Menlo Park.
Patients with PTSD help to train the animals as part of their therapy and also recover.
It's amazing how an animal can tell your mood and help through emotional rocky spots.
I was able to spend time with
Gabe,
Autumn,
Huff,
Verde,
Vegas,
Venudo
and
Wendy who is shown above!
Other members of the PTSD group who rode!
Bear was waiting for me at the finish line with his patriotic sword (flag) in hand!
Anything in the form of a straight line is a sword to Bear.
(must be a boy thing)
Love does prevail over violence.
I love to be engulfed in his adorable hugs.
Bug was very exuberantly waving his flag for me as I rode in.
"Hurry Mommy! Hurry, I want to snug on you!"
(I'm in the middle waiving my hand)
And run to my boys for the much needed Love.

And there we have it.
Success!
The bike ride was awesome, awe-inspiring, healing, remarkable, challenging, and amazing all wrapped up with many other adjectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment